Wafer type check valve structure and its installation precautions
Apr 09, 2019
A wafer check valve is also called a reflux valve, a back pressure valve, a one-way valve and a non-return valve. This type of valve is automatically opened and closed by the force generated by the flow of the medium itself in the pipeline, and is an automatic valve. The check valve is used in the piping system and its main function is to prevent backflow of the medium, prevent the pump and its drive motor from reversing, and discharge the medium in the container. The check valve can also be used on a supply pipeline to an auxiliary system where the pressure may rise above the main system pressure. The check valve can be applied to the piping of various media depending on the material.
The structure of the wafer type check valve:
1. The layout length is short, and the layout length is only 1/4~1/8 of that of the traditional flanged check valve.
2. With small size and light weight, its component is only 1/4~1/20 of that of the traditional flanged check valve.
3. The valve flap closes very fast, and the water hammer pressure is small.
4. It can be used both on horizontal pipe or straight pipe, and the device is easy to install.
5. The flow path is smooth, and the fluid resistance is small.
6. Active motion, good sealing performance.
7. The valve flap stroke is short, and the closed impact force is small.
8. The overall layout is simple and compact, with beautiful appearance.
9. Long service life, reliable function.
1. When placing the pipeline, we should pay attention to making the direction of the wafer-type check valve in common with the fluid flow direction;
2. The valve is installed in a straight pipeline. For horizontally placed pipes, place the wafer check valve straight; use an elastic tube between the wafer check valve and the butterfly valve, and do not connect it directly to other valves; within the operating radius of the valve plate, to prevent participation in pipe joints and blockages; do not install a reducer in front of or behind the wafer check valve;
3. When the elbow is adjacent to the clamp-type check valve, it should be noted that there is enough space. When the wafer check valve is installed at the pump outlet, leave at least six times the valve diameter space to ensure that the end of the disc is subjected to fluid effects.
Dervos Forge is a world-class Forge Valve Manufacturer Supplier & Exporter, offering Ball Valve, Check Valve, Gate Valve, Globe Valve in various froged steel materials, sizes, standards and types. Our stable support comes from our skilled workers. Owing to their diligence, our workshop can always fulfill the production on time and keep quality good.