A globe valve is a valve that moves the shutoff (disc) along the center line of the seat. According to this movement of the disc, the change in the seat opening is proportional to the disc stroke.
The Character of Forged Steel Globe Valves:
1. The structure is simpler than that of gate valves, and it is convenient to manufacture and maintain.
2. The sealing surface is not easy to wear or scratch, and has good sealing property. There is no relative sliding between the disc and the sealing surface of the valve body when opening and closing, so the abrasion is not very serious. The sealing performance is good and the service life is long.
3. When opening and closing, the disc stroke is small, so the height of the globe valve is lower than that of the gate valve, but the structural length is longer than that of the gate valve.
4. The opening and closing moment is large, and the opening and closing time is laborious.
5. The fluid resistance is high, because the medium channel in the valve body is tortuous. As the fluid resistance grows largely, the power consumption is large.
6. When the nominal pressure (PN) of the flow direction of medium is less than or equal to 16MPa, it is generally used in the downstream flow. When the nominal pressure (PN) is greater than 20MPa, the reverse flow is generally adopted and the medium flows down the disc, to increase the sealing element energy. When a globe valve is used, the medium can only flow in one direction, that is, the flow direction cannot be changed.
7. When fully open, the disc is often eroded. The commonly used globe valves involve international standard globe valves, American standard globe valves, German standard globe valves, daily standard globe valves, bellows globe valves, and low temperature globe valves.
The Advantages of Forged Steel Globe Valves:
1. Low fluid resistance.
2. Wide range of working pressure and temperature.
3. Unlimited flow direction of the medium.
4. Good sealing performance.
Some notes about Forged Steel Globe Valves:
For forged steel check valves, we should note the problem of valve's witch position. During valve's maintenance, the ball valve is generally in the open state, except that under special circumstances, we should make the valve closed during maintenance. Other valves cannot be opened when maintenance. The forged steel globe valve must be closed during maintenance to ensure that the grease fills the seal groove along the sealing ring. If the valve is open, the grease will drop directly into the inlet channel or valve cavity, resulting in waste. For valve's lipid injection, the effect of lipid is often ignored. The pressure, fat content and switch position are normal during the operation of grease injection. However, in order to ensure the valve's greasing effect, it is sometimes necessary to open or close the valve and to check the lubrication effect to ensure that the valve ball or gate surface is lubricated evenly.
Dervos Forge is a world-class Forge Valve Manufacturer Supplier & Exporter, offering Ball Valve, Check Valve, Gate Valve, Globe Valve in various froged steel materials, sizes, standards and types. Our stable support comes from our skilled workers. Owing to their diligence, our workshop can always fulfill the production on time and keep quality good.