A forged steel gate valve is a valve in which the closure member (gate) moves in the vertical direction along the centerline of the passage. The gate valve is mainly used for cutting off in the pipeline. The forged steel gate valve is a widely used type of valve. It is generally used for cutting devices with a diameter of DN ≥ 500 mm. Sometimes the cutting device with a smaller diameter also uses a gate valve. Gate valves are more common as a lower level valve.
The advantages of Forged Steel Gate Valves:
1. Low fluid resistance.
2. Small external force required for opening and closing.
3. Unlimited flow direction of the medium.
4. When fully open, the sealing surface is less affected by the working medium than that of globe valves.
5. With relatively simple body shape, better for forging process.
The disadvantages of Forged Steel Gate Valves:
1. With relatively big sizes and large opening height, the forged steel gate valves need more room for installation.
2. During the opening and closing process, there is relative friction between the sealing surfaces, which is likely to cause scratches.
3. Gate valves generally have two sealing faces, which add some difficulties to processing, grinding and maintenance.
Some notes about Forged Steel Gate Valves:
1. During transportation or storage, do not remove the protective cover or packaging of the forged steel gate valve to prevent damage to the valve connection end and to prevent impurities and other dirt from entering the valve cavity.
2. Forged steel gate valves should be stored in a dry room and generally not allowed to be stored in the open to prevent damage and corrosion of the valve.
3.When the forged steel gate valve is shipped, its disc is usually in the open position.
4. Forged steel gate valve has been tested and debugged according to the standard and the order contract when it leaves from the factory. It can be used after the user removes the package. For pneumatic and electric gate valves, the installation of the valve air supply and power supply can be found in the installation and operating instructions for pneumatic and electric drives. If the user re-tests the valve, it should be tested in strict accordance with the standard and the order contract to prevent the wrong test method from adversely affecting the valve performance. For the valve in stock, the water in the chamber must be cleared after the pressure test.
5. Before the installation of the forged steel gate valve, the protective cover at both ends of the valve should be removed, and the connection end should be prevented from being damaged during installation. The welded joint valve should be properly protected during welding to prevent the valve from deforming due to high temperature and affecting the performance of the valve.
6. The forged steel gate valve is marked with the indication of the installation direction. Pay special attention to the arrow mark on the valve body during the test and installation of the valve to prevent erroneous testing and installation.
Dervos Forge is a world-class Forge Valve Manufacturer Supplier & Exporter, offering Ball Valve, Check Valve, Gate Valve, Globe Valve in various froged steel materials, sizes, standards and types. Our stable support comes from our skilled workers. Owing to their diligence, our workshop can always fulfill the production on time and keep quality good.