3 Points worthy of notice on pipeline valve installation-part one
First, cautiously check before valve
1. Carefully check whether the model and specifications of the forged steel valve
meet the drawing requirements.
2. Check the valve stem and disc opening for flexibility, whether there is any jamming and skewing or not.
3. Check the forged steel valve
for damage, and whether the thread of the threaded forged steel valve is clear and intact.
4. Check that the connection between the valve seat and the valve body is firm, the valve flap and the valve seat, the valve cover and the valve body, and the valve stem and the valve flap are coupled.
5. Check whether the forged steel valve gasket, packing and fasteners (bolts) are suitable for the working medium.
6. The old pressure reducing valve should be disassembled, and dust, sand and other debris must be washed away by water, as well as the pressure reducing valve which is laid aside for too long.
7. Clear the port cover, check the sealing performance, and the valve flap must be closed tightly.
Second, pay attention to the general provisions of the installation.
1. The installation position of the forged steel valve
should not impede the operation, disassembly and maintenance of the equipment, the pipeline and the valve body itself, and at the same time take into consideration the aesthetic appearance of the assembly.
2. For forged steel valves
on horizontal pipes, the valve stems are installed upwards, or installed at a certain angle. Do not install the hand wheel downwards. For forged steel valves on high altitude pipelines, the valve stems and handwheel can be installed horizontally, and the valves can be opened and closed remotely by means of a chain which is pendent to a low position.
3. For forged steel valves on the stand pipes, arranged symmetrical, neat and tidy, under the premise of acceptable process, it is most suitable for operation to install the forged steel valve handwheel at the same height as operator chest, generally 1.0-1.2m higher from the ground, and the valve stem must be installed in compliance with the direction of the operator's operating.
4. For forged steel valves
on side-by-side stand pipes, it is best for the elevation of the center line to be coincident, and that the net distance between the handwheel is not less than 100mm. The forged steel valves on the side-by-side horizontal pipes should be installed staggered to reduce the pipe spacing distance.
5. When installing heavier forged steel valves
on pumps, heat exchangers, etc., forged steel valve brackets shall be provided. For the forged steel valves
which are operated frequently and installed more than 1.8 m from the operating ground, a fixed operating platform should be installed.
6. The valve body of the forged steel valve has an arrow mark, and the direction of the arrow is the flow direction of the medium. When installing a forged steel valve
, care should be taken to confirm that the arrow points to the same direction as the medium flows in the pipe.
7. When installing flanged forged steel valves
, ensure that the two flange end faces are parallel and concentric with each other. Do not use double gaskets.
8. When installing threaded forged steel valves, a threaded forged steel valve
shall be fitted with a loose joint for ease of disassembly. The setting of the joint should be considered in agreement with the convenience of maintenance. Usually, the water flow passes through the forged steel valve and then passes through the joint.